About: Strengths and Key Issues
Building on Our Strengths
The City of Rolling Hills Estates has accomplished a great deal since the adoption of its existing General Plan 25 years ago. Today, Rolling Hills Estates is known for its quiet residential neighborhoods; parks, trails, and open space; great schools; and identity as a desirable equestrian community. As residents well know, these attributes make Rolling Hills Estates a great place to live, work, and play. The General Plan Update will maintain and strengthen these positive qualities moving forward.
Rolling Hills Estates’ updated General Plan will address issues spanning all aspects of life in the city. These include, but are not limited to:
- Managing future growth
- Fostering economic development through placemaking
- Promoting sustainability and protecting natural resources
- Maintaining quality of life and community character, while embracing newcomers
- Promoting high quality design for buildings and public spaces
- Maintaining public safety and municipal services
Finally, the updated General Plan will be crafted in a way that is clear and easy to use, and can be efficiently revised to incorporate future updates and amendments.